How to Adjust Rainbird 5000 Rotors
Maintaining a healthy, beautiful lawn starts with keeping your sprinkler system in top condition. Rainbird 5000 rotors are reliable and popular choices, and adjusting Rain Bird 5000 rotors is easy once you know how.
Here’s a quick guide to get you started:
Tools You’ll Need:
- Rainbird adjustment tool or flathead screwdriver
- Rainbird Hold-up Tool (optional)
- Shovel (for adjusting the position of the rotor)
Adjusting the Arc
The arc is the range of rotation from side to side. Rainbird 5000 rotors can be adjusted between 40 degrees and 360 degrees.
- Turn on your system and stand behind the water spray. Gently grab the head of the rotor below the spray and turn it from side to side to determine the current arc.
- To adjust the starting point of the arc, turn the rotor head to the desired starting point and gently force it to turn.
- The arc adjustment screw is located on the top of the rotor head. To narrow the arc, turn the screw counterclockwise. To widen the arc, turn the screw clockwise. Test the arc by turning the head again and adjusting as needed.
Adjusting the Distance of the Spray
The distance of the spray (or radius) is how far the rotor can throw the water from itself. Rainbird 5000 rotors have an adjustable radius between 25 and 50 feet or 7.5 and 15 meters.
- If you need to change the nozzle, choose one that is slightly larger than the desired distance. Remove the old nozzle by turning it counterclockwise. Attach the new nozzle by turning it clockwise.
- To adjust the distance, locate the distance adjustment screw. It’s usually located on the side of the rotor head. Turn the screw clockwise to increase the distance or counterclockwise to decrease it. Test the distance and adjust as needed.
Other Adjustments for Rain Bird 5000s
- If your rotor is spraying too high or too low, you can adjust the height of the head by turning the height adjustment screw. It’s usually located on the top of the head. Turn the screw clockwise to raise the head or counterclockwise to lower it.
- If your rotor is tilted at an incorrect angle, you can use a shovel to gently lift it up and reset it.
That’s it! With these simple steps, you’ll be able to easily adjust your Rainbird 5000 rotor and keep your sprinkler system running smoothly.
If you have any further questions or need help with your Rainbird system, don’t hesitate to contact us at (435) 760-0827 or check out what repair service we offer. We’re here to help!
This is a condensed version of an article on our company’s main website. For the full article visit: How to Adjust the Rainbird 5000 (EASY) – Sprinkler Master Repair