Where and What to Plant
Call now to get on the schedule. (435) 760-0827
As the leading sprinkler repair company in Cache County UT, Sprinkler Master knows a thing or two about keeping your yard looking healthy and vibrant. One of the most important ways in achieving a beautiful yard is choosing the right plants for your landscape as well as having a proper watering system. Here are some tips on where to place different types of plants and what plants to use in your yard.
Where to Place Plants:
- Sun-loving plants: Place sun-loving plants, such as roses and daisies, in areas that receive at least six hours of direct sunlight each day.
- Shade-loving plants: Place shade-loving plants, such as ferns and hostas, in areas that receive little to no direct sunlight each day.
- Wet areas: Choose plants that thrive in wet areas, such as cattails and irises, for areas that tend to collect water.
- Dry areas: Choose drought-resistant plants, such as succulents and lavender, for areas that receive little to no water.
What Plants to Use:
- Trees: Trees not only provide shade but also add visual interest to your yard. Some great tree options include maple, oak, and birch.
- Shrubs: Shrubs can provide privacy and add texture to your yard. Some great shrub options include boxwood, holly, and hydrangea.
- Perennials: Perennials come back year after year and add color and texture to your landscape. Some great perennial options include coneflowers, daylilies, and peonies.
- Annuals: Annuals are a great way to add color to your yard and can be changed out each year. Some great annual options include marigolds, petunias, and zinnias.
- Vegetables and herbs: Planting a vegetable or herb garden not only provides fresh produce but also adds beauty to your yard. Some great vegetable and herb options include tomatoes, peppers, basil, and rosemary.
In conclusion, choosing the right plants for your yard is essential to achieving a beautiful and healthy landscape.. By considering the amount of sunlight and water your yard receives and choosing the right trees, shrubs, perennials, annuals, and vegetables and herbs, you can create a yard that is not only beautiful but also functional. For more tips on how to keep your yard looking its best, contact Sprinkler Master in Cache County UT today.